Dairy and Gluten Free Protein Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
[This is a sponsored post, but all of my views are 100% true!]
Have you ever tried to sneak a healthy ingredient into an otherwise unhealthy dish? Think black bean brownies or cauliflower fried rice. You sneaky little minx, you.
That was my goal for these cookies—take a common cookie recipe and make it healthy with a sneak attack ingredient (Hint: protein powder). Read on, cookie monster.
This is where we get to talk about Bob’s Red Mill, aka my favorite company ever. That’s not a stretch. And now, Bob’s has come out with 4 brand spankin’ new products and reached a whole new level of awesome in my book — PROTEIN POWDERS! Before I hit you with this recipe, let me tell you a bit more about my fav company ever.
From the company itself:
Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods produces more than 400 products, including a full line of certified gluten free products and an extensive line of certified organic products. With a wide variety of whole-grain products—from flours and hot cereals to baking mixes and grains—Bob’s Red Mill has “whole-grain foods for every meal of the day.” An Employee-Owned company, Bob’s Red Mill is the nation’s leader in stone milling and is dedicated to producing natural foods in the natural way. They stone grind all common and many uncommon grains into flours and meals on over one-hundred- year-old mills. With all of the sophisticated knowledge of recent times, no machinery has yet been developed that grinds grains into flour as well as these slow-turning, flint-hard quartz millstones of the kind used by millers since ancient times.
So basically, Bob’s Red Mill is a total badass company. They even have a printable coupon you can download to save on your next purchase!
When BRM teamed up with Fit Approach to find bloggers to test out their new protein powders, I couldn’t raise my hand faster. These new protein powders/nutritional boosters are the jam: they’re gluten free, vegan and full of probiotics. Not only that — they’re plant-based! No weird protein you’ve never heard of before. Bob’s not about that. They’re not chalky (like a lot of protein powders are….ew) and they blend up super well.
Alright, Megan. They get it. You love Bob’s Red Mill. Let’s get on with the recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need for these Prookies (Protein + Cookie):
- 3 cups loosely packed blanched almond flour (this one is my absolute fav)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cage free eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, refined (use unrefined if you like a coconutty taste!)
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder Nutritional Booster
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat your eggs, honey, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add your dry ingredients to the bowl and beat until combined.
- Melt coconut oil and add to batter, continuing to beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and protein powder.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough onto your pan. Gently press down on the cookies to slightly flatten them.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool and eat to your hearts content!
Until next time,
The Busy Bee