Subscription Box Review: SnackSack
Who doesn’t love a surprise waiting for them at their front door every once in awhile? Subscription boxes have been increasingly popular, leaving little boxes of anticipation and surprise for people at their front door. From cosmetics to shaving kits, there seems to be a subscription box for just about everything.
Thus begins my quest for great gluten free subscription boxes. Over the next few weeks, stay tuned as I review and drool over various gluten free subscription boxes, give my two cents on the products included and in some cases, provide a coupon code for you lovely people out there to try it yourself!
FIRST UP: SnackSack!
I reached out to SnackSack a few weeks ago and asked if they would send me one of their subscription boxes to review, since their website explains that some of the products (not all) included in the box are gluten free.
The snacks that SnackSack includes in their subscription boxes are organic or all-natural,
non-GMO, vegan, fair-trade, or gluten-free (Um, how great is that!). If you’d rather watch me unbox my SnackSack and show each product in more detail, scroll down to the end of this post and watch the YouTube video of my live unboxing on Periscope (follow me at @mbaylerian)!
When I opened the box, I found a good heaping of snacks and a burlap sack (hence the name) filled with even more snacks. It was a mouth-watering spread, people. Included in the box was a card that listed out each snack name, the manufacturing company, a short description of the product and little icons that listed if it was Non-GMO, Gluten Free or Vegan.
Here’s the list of products included in my box:
- Blue Corn Popcorn by Sinfully Thin (Non-GMO, Gluten Free)
- Bean & Rice Nacho Chips by Beanfields (Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Texas BBQ Peas by World Peas (Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Pistachios by Wonderful (Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Roasted Broad Bean Crisps by Enlightened (Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Bunny Grahams by Annie’s (Non-GMO)
- Cho-Coco Square by Simple Squares (Non-GMO, Gluten Free)
- Snackimals Cookies by Barbara’s Bakery (Non-GMO)
- Cranberry Toasted Almond Bar by The GFB (Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan)
- Toasted Coconut Chips by Made In Nature (Non-GMO)
- Butter Crisp Mini’s by GinnyBakes (Non-GMO, Gluten Free)
- De Liege Wafel by Belgian Boys
Since some of the products were not gluten free, I couldn’t taste them all (although my boyfriend really liked the De Liege Wafel by Belgian Boys!) However, the products that I were able to eat were delish and great for throwing in your purse or car for a snack on the go. MY FAVORITE SNACK OF THEM ALL? Texas BBQ Peas. They had a great flavor and crunch, just like the (unhealthy) Corn Nuts I used to munch on as a kid.
If you’d like to try SnackSack, subscriptions start at 1 box a month (pay as you go) for $23. The more boxes you order per month or months you pay in advance, the cheaper the price gets!
Let me know in the comment section if you have a favorite subscription box service or if you’ve ever tried SnackSack!
SNACKS ON SNACKS.
The Busy Bee