The Green Smoothie — 3 Ways!
Hello all you busy bees, how has the start of spring been treating you? It’s been snowy here in Wisconsin so…that’s cool. I’m in the middle of half marathon training, and getting 8 or 9 miles done in the cold has been quite a challenge. What’s a girl to do when she just wants spring to come already? Answer: fake it till spring makes it. Curious? Read on, loves.
This April, I’ve teamed up with two awesome ladies to do a Green Smoothie Recipe Challenge of sorts — come up with a fun twist on the ever popular green smoothie. My twist? Make it tropical. Ah yes, the pieces are finally starting to come together now. Even though snow is on the ground, there’s no reason that I shouldn’t be sippin’ on something that makes me feel like I’m laying under palm trees at the beach.
Ready to get tropical with me? We’ll let’s get started then!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of PB2
- 2 tablespoons of Kefir
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1/4 cup crushed canned pineapple
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 10-12 ice cubes
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except for the ice. Yep, everything. Switch that blender to high and let her roar (until there’s a smooth consistency and no chunks)
- Add the ice into blender and PULSE the blender to chop up the ice cubes. This helps prevent the motor from burning out. Once the ice is fairly chopped, switch the blende back to high until you get a smooth consistency again.
- Pour your smoothie into a cup, add a straw (and heck, a paper umbrella) and enjoy that tropical goodness
Do you fancy green smoothies and want more recipes? I feel you. Check out these fine ladies’ take on green smoothies and show them some love:
TERRESSA DOTSON FROM ACHIEVING FIT:
VEGAN COCONUT CREAM SMOOTHIE
NICOLE HANDLER FROM FITFULFOCUS:
ORANGE MATCHA SMOOTHIE BOWL
Until next time my loves.
The Busy Bee