Gluten and Dairy Free Pumpkin Spritz Cookies | Baking a Difference with OXO #OXOgoodcookies
[Disclaimer: These products were given free of charge, but all of the opinions shared are my own!]
It's no surprise around here that my love for kiddos runs deep. There's something about their squishy faces and sticky fingers that make my heart melt.
When a company you love partners with bloggers + influencers to help out kids with cancer, you do all sorts of happy dances. OXO wants to help Bake a Difference for Kids' Cancer Research and is going to donate $100 to help the cause just for this blog post. How awesome is that?!
Since labor day is officially over with and the unofficial start to fall has begun, it was only necessary that I was going to use my new OXO goodies to create something that brought fall in with a (tasty) bang.
The OXO products I used were the following:
Cookie Sheet: OXO's Non-Stick Pro Cookie Sheet has a "micro-textured pattern" that helps ensure even baking. With the oversized edge, you can easily grip and carry to and from oven. No more slipage, my friends.
Cookie Press: With this bad boy, you can make consistently shaped cookies with a simple pump of the large lever. Growing up, I used one that was electronic (and a pain in the neck to clean). This is such an upgrade!
Autumn Disc Set: Those spritz discs you know and love, but autumn-themed! I never knew there were discs besides Christmas-themed ones!
Cookie Spatula: For scooping up all of the hot cookies. I love how little this one is — perfect for spritz cookies.
Sound good so far? Agreed! Let's move onto the recipe.
Gluten and Dairy Pumpkin Spritz Cookie Recipe
Ingredients (adapted from this recipe):
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted dairy-free butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Orange food gel
- Mini green M&Ms
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine your almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, sea salt and pumpkin spice in a medium bowl until all lumps are removed.
- Transfer your flour mixture to a mixing bowl. Combine egg, sugar, dairy-free butter and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and process until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix on low until the wet ingredients are incorporated with the dry ingredients. Fold in the orange food gel until a bright orange color is achieved.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl add to cookie press as needed to make cookies.
- Bake one tray at a time on center rack of oven for 5 to 10 minutes. The smaller the shape and the more exposed edges, the faster the cookies will bake. Make sure just the bottoms of the cookies are slightly brown (not dark brown!)
- Immediately transfer cookies to cooling rack and add mini green M&M to the stem of the cookie to resemble a pumpkin.
- Let the cookies to cool completely before eating or storing. Once cool, store in a cookie tin or glass container!